Potentially Published

This week I was presented with an amazing opportunity from one of my supervisors. I was asked to collaborate with him on a final paper of one of the studies that was run in the lab. Although I was not present for the entire duration of this study, I ran all of the statistical analyses based on the raw data from the study and will help my supervisor to compose the final paper.

Although it is not definite, I am confident that this paper will be published, granting me my first publication! Not only have I learned an immense amount, gained a ton of hands-on research experience, and created many meaningful connections in the world of psychology research at Mount Sinai and beyond, but I may be able to leave my own real and concrete mark on the psychology world on a broader scale. This has proven to be an amazing and beneficial experience so far. 

Emily D

I am an incoming senior at the University of Michigan studying biopsychology, cognition, and neuroscience. I am currently interning at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City in their brain research unit. My research team is currently conducting a study in order to gain an understanding of the neurobiological underpinnings of reward processing and cue-reactivity in individuals with chronic cocaine use disorders. I am thrilled and excited to begin my research in this field.

One thought on “Potentially Published

This is super exciting! Congrats on the first outlook for publication. Best of luck!