Informational Interview | #1

So far, I have conducted one of my informational interviews. I was able to connect with an alum from the UM School of Public Health who works in hospital administration. She earned the degree that I would like to earn after finishing my bachelors degree in Economics/English. I was able to get a lot of information on the program from someone who’s completed it, which was nice. I am really interested in applying to the UM School of Public Health in a couple of years, so it was great to hear such wonderful things about it!

In addition, the person I interviewed works in operations in a large hospital system, which is a job I am possibly interested in. In order to work in this position or a similar position, many years of job experience or a masters degree is necessary. Before this interview, I was thinking about getting an advanced degree after completing my undergraduate degree at the University of Michigan. The person I interviewed took this past, and told me it was a good choice for her. I learned she had the same concerns that I have, which are mainly that it would be difficult to go back to school after spending time working in a full time position. It was nice to know that other people have attended grad school right away because it seems like many people take gap years now. After this interview, I have been even more determined to complete my masters right after my bachelors degree.

One thought on “Informational Interview | #1

Great to hear that the interview provided you clarity and motivation.