Working for Gitmo? |#3

It has been a few weeks into my internship and I have to say that there have been quite a few interesting projects that I have had the chance to work on. I definitely don’t feel like the intern who is copying and pasting into an Excel spreadsheet mindlessly – the work that I do is helping my company develop alternative energy production for the US and the Caribbean power grid.

Some of the end clients that my company is servicing includes state public facilities, Macy’s, and Guantanamo Bay. Wait, what? Yes, you read that right –  as of writing this, I am working on a proposal for the US Navy to switch over from coal fired plants to installing solar panels on the roofs of their air base hangers. I can’t go into too many details about the size and cost of the project because of a signed NDA, but my boss told me how new the experience was in staying over at Gitmo for one night in a military barrack. Safe to say, the bunks were probably not very comfortable.

Fortunately, my air conditioned office in New York has softer couches. Plus, the weekly Taco Tuesday, can’t really complain about that.