Dave Franco & Me

Well, well, well. It looks like Sophia is back with another blog post. I know it’s been a minute, kids, so strap in and get ready for a wild ride.

Let’s first start off with my internship. I’ve been working at The Honest Company for six weeks now. It blows my mind that seven weeks have flown by that fast. The company is fantastic and I’ve gotten insane opportunities like editing ads for Facebook and Instagram. It’s so cool to see how applicable what I’m learning at school is and just how much I love it. I’m also ecstatic that I’m learning so much more about pre-production, a route I’ve recently discovered I really want to pursue once I graduate.

That’s pretty much Sparknote’s little brother version of how my internship is going. I can’t believe I got so lucky with the opportunities I’ve found at Honest. But I figured that I might as well delve into my life in LA with this blog post because my life has become so vibrant and so thrilling since I’ve come here.

I’ve seen so many things. And everything is so beautiful and exciting. That’s the best part of LA. Everything excites me. I’m actually don’t mind waking up at 6 AM everyday, and catching my hour-long bus ride to Playa Vista. I am so excited walking into the office and saying hey to all my friends that I intern with. I am so excited that when I leave the office, LA is mine to explore and make my home.

This past Monday was my 20th birthday (s/o my July babies) and so my friend had a birthday party for me and my friend (his birthday is Tuesday). The entire time I was looking around at all my friends there – some new, some I lived with, and some who I had just met that day. Everyone was smiling and seemed so happy to be hanging out. It was that moment that I knew I was closing out 19 in the best place possible with some of the best people around. That feeling is the feeling I hoped to get from a place I hope to one day call home.

Also storytime y’all: I SAW DAVE FRANCO. My roommates and I were walking back to our car after watching The Big Sick (fabulous movie, you all should see it) at the Hollywood Arclight. At one point, my roommate stops and stares at something. I turned around to see what was up and I was wondering why she was staring so intently at a man (who was very beautiful). I mean, same, but I was still a little confused. She then said “that’s Dave Franco” and I couldn’t believe it. There was no way. It was then that I heard someone say “thanks Dave Franco”. I looked again and realized that that in fact was Dave Franco.

I’ve also had so many amazing experiences through U of M Screen Arts. Two awesome SAC alum, Kelci Parker and Dan Pipski, put on this event called speakers series where we talk to other awesome alum and people who are killing it in the industry. We even had the opportunity to go inside UTA, one of the biggest talent agencies around, and meet the CEO. It was so mf cool, y’all. I’m so thankful everyday that I chose SAC as one of my majors, because through the major I’ve found so many insanely amazing opportunities and friends. GBLESS MAN.

I know this is a shorter post but I just can’t seem to put into words just how happy I am out here. The thought of leaving in a couple weeks makes me so sad because the feeling of accomplishment and gratitude that I feel out here in LA is immeasurable.

That’s it for this week, homies. See you all next week. Have a fab week and EAT GOOD.