Leadership at it’s Best :Blog Post #4

I am learning that leadership is very complex. I have many leadership roles in Brilliant Detroit; it is not easy! I have to create lesson plans for the kids and fun activities that will actively engage the children. These children have low attention span so I have to know how to play with them but be stern at the same time. I want to see their creativity flourish, so we come up with cool activities for the children to do. I am also in charge of supervising Grow Detroit Young Talent high school interns. I have to help come up with duties and tasks fr them to do. Some of these students never had a job before, so it is my responsibility to show them what professionalism looks like. From being on time to being engaged and focused during work, I am havng an amazing time with them. I have to be on my game at all times. I want them to get a great first work experience and to do so I have to be stern with them but also let them have fun. It is so important to have a job that you love, this way you don’t have to work a day in your life. While I am making sure they have work I also have to work for my supervisor. Cindy gives me a lot of work, but I love it! I do everything from paying bills for her to representing the company at meetings around the city. I am learning how to professionally communicate to organizations, which is an awesome experience. I do not want to leave this internship, I am gaining so much great experience and knowledge.

Here is a picture of one of the activies. The kids just learned about fruits, so they got a chance to make a fruit Kabob.