The ITS Experience | #7

July 7th, 2017

This has been a rather short week in ITS, since I ended up taking Monday off, combined with the 4th of July. Having the long weekend was nice, and I was all refreshed and ready to get back to work.

For the projects I’m working on, I have been making good progress on the backstage development, updating several pages and getting more used to drupal. I’m getting to be a bit faster with the process, and it has been going quite smoothly. I think we’re going to satisfy the content owners and finish with time to spare.

With the other projects involving the perfSonar development, we have decided to drop development on the planned tcpdump test and tool, and now focus entirely on finishing the suite of SNMP plugins. We want to make sure we have something that can be deployed and useable by the end of the summer, and given the spot we’re at now, that’s certainly an attainable goal. Adilah has been doing lots of work on her sections of the development, and I have almost finished snmpset and the JQ implementation. Things are going smoothly, and I look forward to having a finished product that will be genuinely useful!