A Different Perspective | Informational Interview 1

I recently set up an informational interview with the head of business operations at a production company that I have interned at in the past. Having experienced an internship in marketing at Live Nation Entertainment this past summer, I wanted to hear an external marketer’s perspective. It was really nice being able to connect with someone who I have looked up to and have worked for in the past. She gave me a ton of advice that inspired me to push myself further and take more initiative. I learned that it is essential to keep up with popular media and trends no matter where I am or how old I am to provide myself with the best platform possible to successfully market a brand. She also suggested which classes to take, what to get involved in, how to network, how to take advantage of my resources, and who to contact after I graduate. Hearing a different perspective was extremely fascinating because it gave me the opportunity to compare and contrast what I have learned to the ideas and suggestions of my interviewee. I will take what we talked about regarding the world of business operations and marketing and apply it to my internships, jobs, and education.

2 thoughts on “A Different Perspective | Informational Interview 1

It’s always good to welcome different perspectives whether you end up taking their advice or not; considering a situation in another way can be invaluable.

Great to hear that you used this assignment to reconnect with someone who seems to be interested in your success.