Barwis Methods Power to Move Classic | #4

As my internship has come to an end, I have learned a ton and will reflect on all of that in my final post regarding my final project and my overall experience. I was able to proud to be able to attend the annual golf outing the First Step Foundation hosts (A Barwis Methods Non-profit Affiliate) as an intern to help run the event. I contributed to the event by attracting sponsors for the event and by getting these sponsors to donate items for the raffle. The companies that I was able to strike deals with were Cadillac of Novi, Illitch Holdings, and AMC. I am grateful for the philanthropic actions of these companies and hope to continue to have a relationship with them in the future of my academic career.

The outing was splendid, although a storm rained out the actual golf. Many families of those with neurological disabilities and many professional athletes were all able to chat and work together to support a great cause- helping those with neurological issues overcome them through the expensive therapy they need. I was honored to record Mike Barwis’ speech at the event, which was more than simply moving. His articulation and manner of speech is incredible when paired with his true desire to help other people. I hope I am able to achieve his ability to serve others and do the right thing as I progress into the work force.

In addition to hearing Mr. Barwis speak. I got to help measure the closest to the pin contest and the longest drive contest. The winner launched a golf ball 320 yards. I spoke with some professional athletes and felt like I belonged as a part of the Barwis team. Now that my internship as concluded, I hope to be back in a Barwis Methods facility soon to review my final project.