Getting Started #1

My name is Samantha Gilberg and I am an incoming Sophomore at Michigan majoring in Communications. This summer, I am interning at Regan Communications Group in Boston, Massachusetts. Regan Communications acts as a public relations firm for many clients ranging from restaurants to banks to the Boston Celtics and the New England Patriots. One goal that I hope to accomplish at my internship is to learn how the entire public relations process works, from start to finish. I have heard many bits and pieces about PR firms and how they work, but I am looking forward to being able to take myself through this process and contribute to the company’s needs. This includes communication with clients, putting together media clippings, and attending events. One skill that I hope to gain is putting myself out there more so that I can help wherever I am needed, not just in my department. This will require introducing myself to other people around the office and offering my help wherever needed. This skill will allow me to branch out of my comfort zone and learn the process of how an entire office works together. I am looking forward to this summer internship very much because it will hopefully give me more direction for what my career path could be.