Old and New 2.0 l #9

Hello all and welcome to my pre-penultimate blog post! I think I can hold off until one the last two, but this should serve as a fair warning that I’m already starting to feel sappy and reminiscent. Experiencing beginnings and ends is characteristic of life, so I’m sure everyone knows what I’m talking about when I say the nagging thought that “This is your last ___” has been plaguing me for days now. Anyways, getting to the actual blog itself, I apologize for the lame repeat title but I really did once again have an interesting mix of old and new this past week, and some things, like the city walking tour I’ll mention in a bit, were a combination of both. We started and ended last Sunday and then this Sunday with something old and familiar, the huge street market at San Telmo, and this time around I actually remembered to snag a few pictures. It really is the perfect place for souvenirs and gifts for family back home, so I may even be back a fourth time before I leave. Our next big activity didn’t come until Thursday; for some reason we piled everything towards the end of the week this time around. I won’t say exactly what we did Thursday because I want it to be a surprise for my family when I get home, however I will give the hint that it involved something I’ve personally never done before but most of the rest of my family actually has 😉 Moving on to Friday then, despite it being so late in my time here I actually had my most informative day of the trip since we took a 2 hour city walking tour, which provided us with great history of not only the surrounding buildings and people but also of the country itself. One of the pictures for this week will be of a white building that looks like it has fidget spinners in its support beams; on the tour we learned everything about its architecture relates to or in some way is based off of Dante’s Inferno! Such a cool fact I never would have learned just walking around. Lastly, on Saturday we finally made it to an infamous cemetery in Recoleta, whose stone tile floors apparently go for $2000 each and whose occupants are all equally as wealthy. The tombs were correspondingly opulent, and make up the majority of my pictures this week. I know the last few posts have been quite a it longer but that about wraps it up for this week; stay tuned though, as I plan to know by the end of this week if I’ll be making a trip to Patagonia during my last few days here! I essentially have only to overcome a combination of my two greatest mortal enemies: making decisions about the future =) here are this week’s pictures

Unfortunately, you’re not wrong
Recoleta
Based on Dante’s Inferno!!
Recoleta
Recoleta
San Telmo – yes, it really goes as far as it looks
Building in San Telmo
Recoleta
Recoleta
We got there at the perfect time
Congress close up – stone detail is incredible
Another building near Congress
Their preamble – sounds familiar =)
Congress building and the start of our tour
Statue in Recoleta

2 thoughts on “Old and New 2.0 l #9

The fidget spinner thing is hilarious…just can’t get away from them. I was recently at a conference and a vendor had them as their giveaway item!

Making decisions and confronting uncertainty is definitely difficult, but keep in mind that you only need to know what your next step might be. If you pick the “wrong” next step, then just pivot to something else! Obviously easier said than done, but it helped me to think in terms of figuring out one step (or a few options of steps) rather than creating a ~five-year plan~. Have a wonderful time in Patagonia!

Matt, it looks like you are having a wonderful time. Remember it all! We will see you soon. Love, Nana