Blog #6 Wrapping Up My Internship

My internship this summer at Sandow has really allowed me to further my knowledge of what I want and what I do not want in my future career. At the culmination of my experience at Sandow I realized that work environment will be one of my top priorities when choosing a career. Although I did enjoy and learned a lot from my experience at Sandow I have decided that I need more of a dynamic environment where you talk out your problems and decisions with co workers. This is something I did not have the opportunity to do as a member of the digital team at Sandow. Through my time at Sandow I was able to decide that a career with them would not be for me, although it was a great company to work for. I am beyond grateful that I had the opportunity to work at such a small company and I have learned invaluable skills that will prepare me for a career in the future. Most of all, I am thankful that I said yes to the opportunity because I have learned that saying yes is probably one of the best things that one can do to further their career.

One thought on “Blog #6 Wrapping Up My Internship

Being cognizant of your preferred work environment is important, Kara. As you continue to reflect and start to think about your return to campus, are there any classes or student organizations you would like to explore as a result of your internship experience?