Familiar Faces | Blog Post #2

I think the most interesting thing about this internship is how many people are working alongside me who I just recently had a class with, worked in student government with last semester, or met through friends.

Not to be cliche, but it really does make it seem like it’s a small world out there. One of the people I get to see every day is a girl I met through student government, ended up having a class with, and is now one of my good friends. One of my supervisors is a guy I also met through student government, had that same class with, and now get to work with regularly. Others I know are holding other positions on the campaign, I don’t get to see them very often because they’re in different locations, but it’s great to know that they’re there.

On paper, this shouldn’t be very shocking. Most of these people I know through student government, classes in the political science department, or through social-justice organizations whose events I would frequent during my sophomore year. So it’s not a huge leap for them to be drawn to an internship program in the political sphere. But it has made my time interning, especially in the beginning, much easier, because I was surrounded by familiar, friendly faces.

Of course, if you know anything about me, you know I’m incredibly friendly and outgoing and always willing to make a new connection. So I’ve become close with a lot of my coworkers over the course of this summer, and gotten to know a lot of others. It’s been great meeting so many wonderful, like-minded people over the course of the last few weeks.

One thought on “Familiar Faces | Blog Post #2

It’s always great having friends with you over the summer! Sounds like a blast!