Informational Interview 1

One woman in specific that I had coffee with so far this summer left a long lasting impact.  Her position as a product marketing specialist was especially enticing to me given it being in the realm of marketing.  Her young age and bright personality made me feel comfortable and connected to her as we discussed her position and day-to-day responsibilities, as well as her past experiences.  Like I plan to do, she studied abroad and raved about it.  Her advice to develop relationships with professors and take classes that actually interest me and to grow my network of connections as much as I can all resonated with me.  She’s ambitious, creative, hardworking and personable- and I find all of those traits to be so admirable.  She inspired me to meet as many people as I can and embrace all experiences both in the work-field and my social life.  In her free time, she has her own stationary business as a creative outlet to her graphic design major.  While I am not as talented as that, I found it very refreshing to hear that work doesn’t take over your life in your 20s and that there is time to pursue your passions and release creativity.  I want to take forward each of these pieces with me and apply to how I approach my work, education and free time.

One thought on “Informational Interview 1

It sounds like you had a great conversation! I love her advice to explore the courses that interest you – As you navigate your education, such an approach will ensure that you are maximizing your experience!