Make Sure to Move!

Hey Everybody,

A difficulty I have had with this job is the amount of time I spend sitting. For basically 8 hours straight, I sit at a desk and stare at a computer screen. I have held previous positions in offices, before, but they usually involved some sort of movement. My current position does not, and I’m sure some of you can relate to the lethargy felt due to the lack of movement.

I know we’ve all heard it before, but work on your posture. It helps every part of your body to stay intact long-term, and it can effect your productivity. If you’re slumped over your desk, you’re going to feel tired. Sitting up straight and actively keeping your shoulders back will keep you alert and awake.

Additionally, try to move around when you eat lunch, rather than staying at your desk and sitting. This may be the only real opportunity you have at work to get moving.

Staying healthy is important, and should always be a priority, even when you’re interning. Something I have done to motivate myself is to get a fitness watch. It keeps track of my steps and tells me when I’ve been sitting down too long. It’s a great way to keep oneself accountable.

Have a healthy day!

One thought on “Make Sure to Move!

Great reminders Serena!