Manchester/London- Week 2

Hi Everyone!

Just finished my first full week interning at the National Football Museum in Manchester, England. Thus far, I couldn’t be more happy with my decision to work abroad here in the UK. Everyone at my work has been extremely welcoming and friendly, which has made my transition moving here extremely easy. I have also made some good friends within my housing accommodation, which is nice to have people to talk to outside of work. This past week my friend from Michigan visited me as well before he heads off to India for a internship of his own. We really enjoyed ourselves this past week, eating at some fantastic restaurants and enjoying meeting the locals. This past weekend we traveled to London for a couple of days. I had never been before, so it was awesome to experience one of the greatest cities in the world with my good friend. We had a couple of action packed days, including visiting Big Ben, St. Paul’s Cathedral, and the Emirates Stadium. I have really enjoyed my stay in the UK up to this point, and can certainly envision myself living here in the future. I have encountered nothing but kind people, who come from all over the world to live in this wonderful country. This week I will be starting the Diversion and Inclusion policy which I meant to complete for the museum, which I am very excited about. My research will include visiting other museums within Manchester to talk about their corresponding policy. I am hoping to possible visit Edinburgh this weekend as well, so I am looking forward to that. I will update everyone on my adventures next week!

2 thoughts on “Manchester/London- Week 2

Hi Connor, glad to see you got to Manchester safely and have been enjoying your time there. Good luck with your Diversity and Inclusion project!

What a great experience for any student to enjoy. Glad U of M was able to help you secure the opportunity and the housing!