…One Month Later…

As of today, it has officially been one month since I started my internship. I’ve finally gotten the swing of things, and I can hear how much my French has improved. I’m a lot less shy when it comes to putting myself out there, as being in France has made me realize how important it is to take any opportunity you get to try something new or go outside of your comfort zone. For example, we had a dance party where one song from various genres of music would be played (salsa, country, hip-hop, slow, rock, etc). Country came on and the song was “Cotton-Eye Joe,” however, no one knew the dance that went along with the song. Without hesitation, I went on stage and demonstrated the dance to everyone. Fast forward after the dance party, my teammates came up to me and told me how amazing it was to see my putting myself out there. They told me how much they enjoy when I take opportunities to share myself with them, and it was a small comment like that that really opened my eyes to the importance of taking risks and the importance of not hesitating. I am looking forward to my second month here in France, and I hope it is just as enjoyable as the first.

One thought on “…One Month Later…

Wow Jannah, it is so impressive how you’ve been able to put yourself out there without hesitation. So many people avoid doing things that may result in “failure” and consequently lose out on opportunities to connect with others or to being an authentic version of themselves. Even though your example is about dance, applying this attitude to your life in general will definitely take you far.