Accomplishments #4

Since the beginning of my internship, I’ve grown significantly in the following areas: skills related to advertising, creating flyers through publisher, communicating with other working professionals, writing and formatting newsletters, and creating and putting together informational display cases.

I wrote and formatted the fourth issue of Michigan Medicine’s Lactation Newsletter, which will come out in the beginning of August.  I’m proud of my work, considering I had to speak and interview many different employees in different areas of the hospital about how their department assists women with the breastfeeding process.  This project taught me how to manage and organize my thoughts.

In the Women’s Clinic in the Von Voigtlander Women’s Hospital, there is a display case for the Women’s Health Topic of the Month.  I was responsible for putting together the August display.  Since Black Breastfeeding Week is in the middle of August, I chose to create a display on this topic.  Black Breastfeeding Week acknowledges black women who have breastfed and promotes the idea that regardless of a woman’s background, breastfeeding is the healthiest way to feed a baby.  I created flyers that were placed around the Women’s Clinic asking for black women to send photos that depict the relationships that women have with their babies when engaging in such a personal activity of breastfeeding and their success stories. of the My display case includes the explanation of Black Breastfeeding Week, mothers’ success stories, and the photos.  My supervisor and the lactation consultant who helped me with this project were very impressed with my hard work.

One thought on “Accomplishments #4

Alexandra, it sounds like your internship projects are making very tangible contributions to your internship sites. Hopefully you have been saving copies of your work to share during future professional conversations. The newsletters and display cases, in particular, sound like they would make great items to add to a creative works portfolio!