Obstacles | #5

So far this Summer, my internship with Valiant has been a blast, but there have undoubtedly been some challenges along the way. I would say that my biggest obstacle has been keeping up with my Valiant work while balancing my summer workouts and everyday life. Since most of the work I do is remote and on the computer or phone, the physical aspect of “going to work” and having physical work in front of me are nonexistent. For me this makes things a bit more difficult. I am used to having something I can hold or write on and all of the remote work is just a transition that I have needed to get used to. However, I believe that I have been able to adapt to the new method and I have been able to get done what I need to get done. In order to manage my time and work remotely I have simply set a schedule where I set everything aside and work solely on Valiant for a given amount of time each day. That way I can have my own version of office time, uninterrupted by other work or everyday life. At the beginning of my internship I was not using this practice and it was a lot harder to stay on task with what I needed to accomplish. However, now that I use this schedule I am much more efficient.