Blog Post 4

Connor Schram

ALA 225

Blog Post 4

My 3 goals that I set for myself during my completion of the introductory assignment included becoming more acquainted with the terminology common in a marketing environment, participating in a project that has a direct impact on the company, and also to have 1 product per week pitched and accepted by the product team. So far I have completed goals one and two and have partially completed goal three. Through my sitting in on pretty much every meeting and phone call with my boss, and through my direct interaction with company records, I have truly expanded my understanding of the marketing jargon. In terms of working on impactful projects, I have done a lot of the ground work for jump starting the warranty program, I have created corporate sponsorship proposals and created pop-up offers for the website, and also modeled some slipper for the holiday catalogs. There are many more projects that I have worked on including product pitches and various insights, however, the 3 listed are more concrete to share. With my final goal I overestimated the rate at which products could be picked up. Products I have pitched though, have been accepted and will be available soon. I also am now testing products for the product team, expanding my involvement in this area too.

Personally, I believe I am really making an impact in my role as an intern. People within the office respect my opinions and insights and treat me professionally. By doing real work and not intern errands, I really do believe I have grown. I am excited for what is to come within the rest of my internship.

Connor Schram