Getting Creative | #5

For those who know me, I am not what they say the “creative type.” Art and what is visually pleasing simply does not come to me naturally. This summer I have had to overcome this because a lot of what I do at my internship requires me creating a graphic suite for the clients social media.

As mentioned in previous blog posts, I have worked in PR at 2 previous internships, however not within the social side of PR, so I had no idea that social media required so many graphics. Not only is it looking for the right picture to accompany your post, but it is designing sets of templates where you can input text in for whatever social media site it goes on, not to mention to make the graphic 3 times, so the size fits in its respective social media it will be posted on. When I got my first graphic assignment, my mentor told me I would be making a lot of them over the summer which made me a bit nervous because again, I am not the most creative person in the world. After my initial assignment, however, for a few days, I checked out the interface they taught me to use and learned how to navigate the whole site. Now if they need a graphic done they don’t do it, they come to me! Goes to show to not give up on something that you think you don’t have a knack for! Below is one of my text-graphics!