End of Internship | #5

My best advice for a student planning on doing an internship is to go to the career fair! As a sophomore, I still didn’t have a clear idea of what exactly I was interested in doing. I knew that my academic interests rested in the quantitative STEM field, but I had no idea what that actually entailed. I didn’t know what I was looking for when I attended the career far in the fall, but I thought it would be a good experience to talk to recruiters and find out what sort of positions and opportunities were available. I never anticipated that a random conversation I had would actually translate into an internship opportunity that would enable me to grow and develop my professional skills. As my internship comes to an end this Friday, I’ve come to realize just how important and impactful an internship can be. It’s helped solidify my interest and allowed me to have a taste of what the real world is like, and the sort of projects and tasks I would have as an analyst at a company. Although my internship this summer was in an industry that I didn’t have much familiarity or passion for, it still taught me the fundamental skills of how organizational structures and cross-departmental collaboration is essential to achieving success. I feel much more confident going into the career fair this year because I have experience in my field of interest now, and I would like to be able to take my interests and further develop my skills in another industry that I’m more passionate about.

One thought on “End of Internship | #5