Blog 5: Overcoming Obstacles

Working here at the firm, there are many projects and tasks that must be handled in a pretty short time frame so at times it gets a bit hectic. The biggest challenge I’ve faced so far was working extremely hard on one project, doing a ton of research for it, drafting a document, then revising it to make sure it was perfect, to then present it but then tossed it because a new law goes into effect. SO frustrating. So, I had to start all over again, research the new standard and then translate it into terms that were easy enough to understand so that no one would be confused. It taught me to be ready for anything because things like that happen quite often. I think I was most upset about the time and energy that went into it for it to just be kicked, gave a deflating feeling but the attorneys here were very helpful in keeping me positive and reassured me that things like this happened to them all the time.  It also taught me the different laws and statutes that must be adhered to here in the state of Michigan. Just had to take it with a grain of salt and keep it moving.