Post #3

In my final week of my eight week internship things are pretty hectic. At work I am trying to wrap up all my projects and make sure everything gets done before I finish for the summer this coming Friday. My latest project involves creating a database of hundreds of documents on the World Conference Against Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia, and Related Intolerance hosted in Durban, South Africa in Summer of 2001. It quickly turned violent and controversial as hundreds of people descended on the Conference spewing anti-Semitic, anti-Zionist sentiments. This photo perfectly encapsulates the atmosphere at the Conference during this time. As part of my internship, I am taking the hundreds of hard copy documents that my department has compiled over the last decade and a half, scanning them, and imputing them chronologically into an online database. Learning about this part of history, which by the way concluded two days prior to 9/11, is incredibly interesting as it is something I have never heard of nor would have researched in depth had I not had this opportunity at JBI.

Outside of work has been extremely busy as well. I am currently enrolled in an LSAT course that meets two days a week from 7 PM- 11 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This course is definitely an important step in advancing my career aspirations and potentially going to law school. Studying for the LSAT is essentially like a second part-time job! While this course is undeniably helpful it can be overwhelming to go to work and take such an intensive course. Overall, I am thankful that I have the opportunity to be able to take this course thanks to this scholarship program!