Blog 4: Midpoint Check-In

At this point in time I believe my internship is going very well. I’ve formed a great connection with my boss and his assistant. Also, it has been great to work my boss’ clients and to get to know them. I’ve gotten to know them through meetings and phone calls. One of my goals was to be a friendly person and to form good connections with everyone I’ve worked with. I feel like I’ve done a great job and have met that goal. My second goal was to create an immediate and last impression. I believe I’ve also accomplished this goal based on what my boss has told me. They offered me to come back during the school year and next summer to return to work if I wanted to. This felt great to know that I was doing a good job and have the opportunity to continue working.

The area I believe I can improve upon is learning more about the financial world. I’ve learned about the financial industry specifically with the stock market, but I know I can definitely learn more. I’ve learned from lessons with my boss and sitting in meetings with clients. However, I want to learn more on my own and to be able to apply it.