Blog #4 Mid-Point Check-In

I think that my goals have still been the same throughout the halfway point of the internship. Fortunately, I’ve been offered a position to work throughout the fall and winter semester of my final school year here. This has adjusted my goals slightly. In the beginning of the internship, I worked at a pace where I was assuming that I would only be working for 10 weeks, and I needed to make the most of this opportunity in a limited time manner. However, after hearing the news of this internship hiring me throughout the school year, I’ve been able to focus more on enjoying the internship, while still being cognizant of those goals I’ve made prior to the internship.

I am doing a very good job at completing my tasks within due dates for my internship. It’s been a bit rocky due to some family issues I’ve experienced for a couple weeks in the internship, but my employers made sure the transition to and from work was smooth and they were completely understanding. What I’ve learned throughout this internship at the half-way point is that I would benefit if I improved myself by asking more questions. I have a tendency to be told to do a task, and even if it is something I am not aware or fond of, I would rather do it and figure it out instead of asking questions. I will make sure to ask more questions from here on out.

One thought on “Blog #4 Mid-Point Check-In

Congratulations on the offer to continue!