Manchester Week 3

Hi Everyone!

Just finished my third week here in Manchester, meaning that my internship is already halfway done. Feels like I just got here! This past week I’ve been working diligently on the diversity and inclusion policy for the museum. Part of my research includes visiting other museums and discuss their similar policy. This past week I visited the People’s Museum here in Manchester, and discussed with one of their directors about ideas for my own policy.I learned some valuable information, including how to conduct staff training for diversity and inclusion. Tomorrow I will be traveling to Halifax, England to visit the Eureka! children’s museum, who do great work when it comes to being accessible to children with different disabilities. This weekend I will be traveling to Edinburgh, Scotland by myself, which I am very excited for. Being Scottish myself, I am excited to experience the country for the first time. I had two friends in my living arrangement who visited Edinburgh last weekend, and they gave rave reviews! Next weekend I am hoping to visit family in Ireland. They live in the coastal town of Cork, which I visited when I traveled with my parents as a child. I have not seen them in a long time, and am thrilled to reunite with them! Hopefully I have time to visit Dublin, as I had a friend who studied abroad there this past semester, and he spoke very highly of the city. I will update everyone of my travels next week!

2 thoughts on “Manchester Week 3

Interesting! Manchester is a great city, as is Edinburgh (probably my favorite city in the UK!).

Time passes so quickly! I’m not sure if you’ve thought of this already, but perhaps you’d want to reach out to someone from Michigan who works in DEI? I know that they’ve recently hired more people to focus on diversity and inclusion, so conducting an informational interview may help you come up with ideas for the museum work.