My Final Week | Blog #4

Yo let me tell you something. Ten weeks FLEW by. My internship is over and now I’m sitting here thinking about how I’m about to leave LA. All I know is that I am so not ready to leave. Of course I miss my friends and family back home, but LA has so quickly become my second home. I love my friends here. I love my job here. I love the opportunity here. I love my life here.

I spent my 20th birthday here. I hiked for the first time here. I watched a taping of Jimmy Kimmel here. I went to a game for the Gold Cup here. I met some of the most amazing people here.

And now my plane ticket, my lease, my internship, and my parents are all telling ya girl that she has to leave.

I came into this experience not really knowing what to expect. I knew that I wanted to find a production internship and that I wanted to be out in LA, but other than that everything was up in the air. And then I found my roommates and the other SAC students, I found the SAC speakers series, I found some amazing new friends, and I found confidence.

That’s the biggest thing. I have learned to be confident – confident in my thoughts and in my talents and in myself.

Side note: Let’s discuss the amazing amount of Cheesecake Factories this town has. WOW. Every corner I turn my favorite restaurant is there chillin. WHAT. This place has taken every thought and want from my head and implemented it.

Moving forward, the thing I want most from my time in LA is to take the happiness I woke up with everyday back with me. I want to continue to not get caught up in the stress or the everyday problems of life. I want to be happy in the imperfect and to be pleased with my skills and the realization that I still have a lot to learn. I want to wake up confident in myself as a person. Out in LA I felt like I deserved happiness and I want to continue to have that feeling for as long as I can.

LA, you’ve been too good to me. Don’t get tired of me, yet, though, I’ll be back.