Blog: Informational Interview 2

This summer, I had the amazing opportunity to connect and network with an important individual working for the U.S. Senate. In the process of my internship, I was assigned the task of covering hearings and events where this person was a key participant. Because of this, the opportunity to meet and discuss important policy issues was an extremely rewarding way to wrap up the summer.

I was fortunate enough to attend a reception where this individual led a candid discussion and I was able to personally speak with her after on behalf of my organization this summer and ask questions myself as a student.

It was really interesting to hear someone with such legislative power discuss critical issues that have been taking over the government. Her positive outlook and drive to help the country was inspiring and made me appreciate being a U.S. citizen. The way that she expressed how much of an honor it is to serve in the U.S. senate at such a crucial time was not only comforting, but motivating for me as a young adult soon entering the workplace. If anything, this meeting has reinforced my interest in pursuing a career in the public affairs industry and staying in the D.C. area.