Introduction | #1

(I know, I know. Sort of behind in the game but I’ve been blogging all summer long; I just had never posted them here so don’t judge! Lol)

Hello there! Let me introduce myself for those who may not know me: My name is Antoinette Wade and I am a rising TV & Film Director/Editor for many huge projects for networks and studios to come. Until now, I am a TV Development Intern at Discovery Communications in Hollywood, California until I complete my last semester at the University of Michigan. I currently study Screen Arts & Culture with a minor in Business Administration within Ross School of Business.

I am a very ecstatic, thrilled and so very thankful for my opportunity at Discovery Communications. To work for the names behind Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Oprah Winfrey Network, and so many more is such a great position to be in. I currently work at the studio offices in Hollywood and create content and ideas from scratch for potential future shows. I attend update meetings and pitch sessions with the VP and Senior Director of Development and it’s amazingggg. I’m still astonished everyday that I my manager is essentially the boss and person that runs everything in the developing stages. But more importantly, everyone that I have encountered is so KIND!  The Discovery Community is one that I will miss because they hire people who you can have great conversation with, relate to and never feel intimidated and worried around. I absolutely love my job because I am always busy and there’s always something to do! Also interesting fact: All of the Discovery interns based in LA are all women for the first time. Can you say “Who Runs The World: Girls!”

3 thoughts on “Introduction | #1

Wow! It’s cool that you are able to create content for future shows. I’m happy you had this opportunity. It seems very exciting!

You go Antoinette! This is a great opportunity for your future aspirations!

Hi Antoinette! Your internship sounds really exciting, and I’m happy you’re making the most of it! I’m also majoring in SAC, so when I see another SAC student doing cool things in LA, I’m hopeful! Anyways, best of luck! (p.s. that fun fact about all-women interns is awesome!)