Social Media: Blog Post #3

It blows my mind that there are people out there who run lucrative social media managing businesses. Throughout the past few weeks of my internship, I’ve gotten a small taste of what that would be like. If I owned a business like this, it would feel like I was stealing candy from a baby. I guess that’s the appeal.  Obviously, more time and effort go into it than what you may normally put into personal social media accounts, but overall it’s pretty easy. After some time, you get a feel for what the general public responds positively to, and you cater to these trends.

People love visual aids. Instagram, for instance, is all about visual stimulation, and its popularity is evident. You’re able to communicate things more effectively, as it is experienced when one uses emoticons to abolish ambiguity from a message. I would even say that images are necessary for effective communication online. For instance, I make Facebooks posts about monthly food specials we have. Well, that’s great, but as soon as I add a tempting picture of these specials (for August it’s tacos), it becomes an enticing invitation to the restaurant. For example:

New $6 Special for August! BBQ Pulled Pork Tacos: Three flour tortillas filled with succulent pulled pork and topped with creamy sriracha slaw, cilantro, and a drizzle of Honey Sriracha BBQ sauce.

Sounds great, but let’s see it with an image.

Which one do you think is more likely to draw customers into the restaurant?