The new intern at FCMA (#1)

https://blog.opportunityhub.lsa.umich.edu

Hello Everyone,

This is my first blog post about my internship at Foresight Capital Management Advisors. I will be working as an investment research analyst, but due to the small size of my firm I will be helping out in many ways. So hopefully at the end of my internship I will become something of a jack of all trades. First of all, my interview process was quite different. One of my close friends from high school who is studying finance at Eastern Michigan University told me that FCMA was interviewing for new interns, so I jumped at the opportunity.

My first week has consisted of onboarding and training to use the software such as morningstar, Fi360, and the trading platforms. There are four interns all together and we are getting along just fine. I love coming to the office every morning because I am learning about something new everyday. My coworkers and boss are very nice, but demanding which turns out to be a great environment for me to learn. I can’t think of a better way to spend my summer working at somewhere that will take me to better places after graduation. See you guys in my next post.