Blog Post #5 – Final thoughts

As my internship comes to a close, I am left to reflect on all the has happened this summer as a whole. I was given an amazing opportunity to work with my org over the summer (work that I do all school year, but for no pay lol) – and it has had it’s ups and downs. I found that the summer environment was much different, and I and the other interns may have been pushed too much. I am glad I got to do the work I did, and have this experience, but unfortunately I do not see myself working with this organization or group of people in the future. Within the next week we have our final project and outreach program. So many people have put in an incredible amount of work and I can’t wait to see how it turns out. I know that we will have a great impact on the high school students, and I know that these students will be a great addition to the university once they are accepted. I also look forward to being involved with different groups in the future, and hopefully having the opportunity to secure another internship over the summer.

For my final picture, I will choose one of last years generation that includes students from Gen2 all the way to Gen5. Very exciting that we are on to Gen6!