Networking Is Not A Dirty Word | Blog Post #2

It feels like forever since my last blog post, which it has been. But it’s because I’ve been taking on a little bit too much lately, and it’s all been culminating into one really busy summer.

When I started interviewing for internships in San Francisco, I knew I was going to take advantage of the networking opportunities here. After all, San Francisco is where the tech people congregate. Here, tech is the main language spoken, and entrepreneurship is the religion.

Back in March, I took a trip to San Francisco and met an entrepreneur. She runs a media agency.

When I moved out here for the summer, I connected with her and ended up helping her with a few things she needed outside of my regular internship.

These ranged from scheduling meetings, filming content, and even running one of her client’s Instagram accounts.

She’s a great person to be working with, and an even better entrepreneur to learn from.

And to think, if I hadn’t met her through a networking opportunity, I never would have done all that cool stuff.

Networking is awesome, and I hope everyone gets awesome opportunities through it.