Blog #3: Best Part of My Internship

One of the best parts of my summer internship is being in New York and exploring the city during spare time. Located in Midtown, New York, the Brock Capital Group office has a great location. It’s next to Bryant Park, New York Public Library and the Grand Central Station. I am fascinated with the interior of Grand Central Station which was opened in 1871 with more than 140 years of history. It’s great to pass through the Grand Central Station every morning when I go to work.

I visited New York for the first time when I was 12 and hoped that I can work here one day. This summer, I have achieved my dream since a kid. During my sophomore year, I have been told that it is extremely difficult to find a banking internship for my sophomore summer, especially an internship in New York. But I wanted to give it a try even though the chances are low. I am glad that I made the decision to challenge myself.

After sending out 200 cold emails and making more than 100 phone calls, I was very lucky to get the opportunity to work at one of the boutique investment banks in New York to enrich my summer experience. Since the size of the firm is very small, I get to have much more responsibilities as an analyst and directly learning from the senior people, where I sit right next to my MD who’s been in the banking industry for more than 20 years. And here I am- working in a great firm and enjoying the best views in New York from my office.