Blog #5

At the end of this internship, my mind is now filled with knowledge about a whole new culture. I no longer see people who live in India as what is portrayed in the media. There is much more depth their character and their culture is so beautiful. My internship allowed me to do a lot of self-reflection and grow to believe in myself and my abilities. I feel much more confident and happy than I have ever been in a long time. This trip allowed my soul to heal and get rid of all the negativity that I held within myself. My favorite project would be the talent show the children we taught presented at the end of the summer school. I was so proud of them because they worked incredibly hard every school day to perfect their dance performance. I was left with a huge smile on my face after every performance. This internship has allowed me to see a clearer path of where I would like to be. I still want to go into marketing and advertisement, but I also want to help women in my community like my boss, Rachna by opening daycare centers. There are many women in my community who can’t go to work and become independent because they have to take care of their kids. Thus, I want to empower women by having the choice to bring their kids to a daycare center, so they are able to become independent and strive to be the best they can for their kids or kid. If I would give advice for the incoming intern, it would be to come with a clear and open mind. Also, do not let the language barrier allow you to feel there is anything bad with your teaching methods. It just means you need to adjust them to make the best experience for the learner.

One thought on “Blog #5

Great advice for future interns!