Blog 5: Overcoming Obstacles

The major obstacle that I have had to overcome during my job is maintaining being a good coach and having positive energy throughout the day. Its really easy to be a good coach early in the day working with the pro players because its fun to watch them and learn from them as well as teach them little things. As the day goes on and and my patience wears down I struggled at the beginning at giving my best effort for the later groups. On the ice the kids will only get out what you are willing to put into it, which is why I have tried my best to be at my best as the day goes on. Another obstacle I have had to deal with is patience. Working with the little kids ages 8-10 patience goes a long way, they are not going to be able to do all the drills the right way, and they are also very talkative and do not pay attention as well so you have to be patient with them. This has been a little difficult because I am known to not be a very patient person. But the most important thing for the little kids is that they are having fun, which is what I keep telling myself.