Final Post

As I look back on my internship experience this summer, I am extremely grateful for the opportunity I was given. Prior to my internship, I didn’t know much about the Wealth Management industry. Sure I knew that Wealth Management encompassed Financial Advisors who were working with the stock market each day, but knowing about something and actually experiencing it are two completely different things. With that being said, being able to personally experience the Wealth Management industry this summer was a rewarding and exciting experience. Personally, I loved how the role requires constant awareness of the world around us. In order to be successful in this industry, you need to be aware of current events and what is going on in the world, and then applying how those events affect the market itself, and creating a defense strategy from there. Additionally, I enjoy the client-facing service of the industry. I am motivated by feedback and recognition of hard work, that is how someone grows in his/her professional development, and that aspect of Wealth Management is also very appealing.

Moving forward, I am going to do all that I can throughout my remaining time at Michigan in order to land a career in a role that contains all of these aspects that I am looking for. I enjoy the wide breadth of knowledge required in order to excel in Wealth Management, and I know that is something that I want in my professional career. Additionally, I want to be client facing in my position, and serve people to the best of my ability, so that is something else I will look for in my endeavors.

Overall, it was a great summer.