Mid-Point Check-In

Now that I’ve made it to the midway point of my internship, I can now look back and analyze my performance as well as reevaluate my goals remaining time of this opportunity. In the beginning of my internship I made a plan to make as many connections as possible. I think I’ve done a good job of reaching out to employees by sitting down with them and hearing more about their job positions as well as telling these people more about myself. As my experience progresses I will try and continue to meet more people so that I get my name known and make an impression however I can.

What I’ve realized from my time so far is that writing down instructions in a notebook for certain tasks that I know I will have to repeat has been extremely useful. Being able to help out with something without having to ask how it’s done has earned me recognition by my supervisors who commend me on my fast-paced speed of completing tasks.

I’m also seeing the difference in my confidence as I show up to work every day. In the beginning of this experience my aim was to develop confidence in a professional work setting and seeing how my self-esteem has improved over the course of this internship has showed me that the key to feeling secure was just time. After working here for over a month I have established solid relationships with my work colleagues, gained valuable marketing skills and developed a confidence that I’ve seen get stronger and stronger each day.

One thought on “Mid-Point Check-In

I am very happy to see that you are taking away valuable skills from this internship. Yeah, I think that time is definitely a big factor when doing anything. It is great to see that you are building up your confidence. Keep up the great work!