Blog 1: Goals

I have been interning with the Valiant Brand this summer. The Valiant Brand is a fairly new company that focuses on designing and selling athletic and everyday lifestyle clothing. I chose to pursue this internship because it possesses four things that interest me; athletics, clothing, sales, and marketing. I am an athlete so naturally I wear a lot of athletic clothing, being able to be a part of a company that designs this type of clothing makes it easier for me to understand the type of product the company wants to develop. However, one part of the internship I do not have any hands-on experience with is sales and marketing. Although I have taken classes were sales and marketing have been highlighted I have never actually utilized the skills learned. My goal for this summer is to try and take those skills learned in the classroom and convert them into the workforce. I know I will not be able to do this on my own and will look to learn from the people I am working for. Another aspect of the internship I will look to learn about is the relationships between companies down the supply chain. In my strategy class this past winter we focused heavily on the supply chain and I am intrigued to see the nuts and bolts of it in real life.