Learning the Ropes…

I was in for a bit of a surprise when I started my internship at the landscape design company. Early mornings and long days were definitely a change of pace for me, but I think I’ve gotten the hang of it now. Every morning we arrive to work and meet in the morning to discuss business of the day and are given our assignments. These can vary from office work to onsite work depending on what is needed that day.

In the office, we will do design and create plans for different clients, write up invoices, and other matters that pertain to the company.

In the field, rain or shine, we are installing the designs we’ve planned. Depending on the job, it can take only a day or all summer. I’ve spent a lot of my time working on one site with extensive design work. One of my favorite parts of the job is to see a job from start to finish. It’s definitely rewarding to look back at the end of the day and see what we’ve created. I’ve attached photos to show a design we created and installed!

evazoer

Currently, I will be a senior at the University of Michigan. I am interning at a landscape design company in Northern Michigan and learning about sustainable practices of the landscape business.