On Setbacks | #5

At Investopedia Academy, we execute things differently as we label ourselves as the intrepreneurs within the company. According to Investopedia, intrapreneurs are usually employees within a company who are assigned to work on a special idea or project, and they are instructed to develop the project like an entrepreneur would. Anyway, I believe most of you got the idea of what intrapreneurship means.

The thing about intrapreneurship is that we are constantly hustling — doing A|B testing, reaching out to our users and implementing changes. In my last article (aka blogpost), I mentioned about how I took initiative to automate our department’s report. That was tough, to be honest.

Since we are constantly improving and changing the way we operate, we need to keep our reporting up to date. As the data analyst for our department, I need to update our definition for different terms, figure out how to analyze our raw data and present these reports during our weekly meetings. From a reporting perspective, I am always trying to make sure that I have the most accurate data to assist my team to make informed decision based on my findings. However, it is easier said than done:

I realized that my raw data doesn’t align with each other. Yes, I am using two system to collect raw data simultaneously. And, they are supposed to be the same! So, my supervisor and I have to set up meetings with the VP of Marketing to dive into all these problems. And, we have go through the debugging process, again and again.
For example, we discovered that Google Analytics are using a different time zone compared with DoubleClick for Publishers. Thus, we ended up changing the time zone for Google Analytics.

And, yes, this is just the tip of the iceberg…..