Share a story, thought, etc. from your internship. Blog #3 – Crystal Fletcher

Share a story, thought, etc. from your internship.

During my internship, I had to think about ways to reduce stress.

Here is a little bit of my finding along with a personal story:

Although anxiety isn’t as common as one may think, according to the ADAA this mental illness does affect over 18% of the population (“Facts & Statistics”). In addition, an article published in the Huffington Post said that anxiety can lead to learning impairment (Minahan).

There is no “one-fits-all” approach in reducing anxiety either, as different methods work for different people. For example, while antidepressants will work for one person, an adverse effect will happen for another and in many cases even increase anxiety.

As someone who’s suffered from anxiety since what feels like birth, in the last couple of years I have taken an active role in reducing the suffering caused by it with the best result coming from therapy. Finding the right therapist was difficult, but once I did my life drastically improved. I started feeling happiness again.

As my anxiety reduced, my mind started feeling less clogged. So when I’m studying for school or personal reasons, I am now able to understand information more clearly.

One thought on “Share a story, thought, etc. from your internship. Blog #3 – Crystal Fletcher

So glad you have support in this journey to reduce your anxiety…thank you for your honest sharing in this post!