Blog #5

Throughout my internship experience I have faced a couple obstacles.  The obstacles I faced are dealing with learning how to network.  While networking events can be a valuable tool to help you accomplish this goal, this isn’t about a one time interaction. The goal is to establish connections that you can sustain, which can serve as an ongoing support system throughout your career. So when you meet someone at a business event, make an effort to continue connecting with that person when the opportunity arises in the future.  I struggled with this in the beginning.  I noticed that networking began to become an issue for me, and that I didn’t know the right way to approach many different people in many situations.  The situations I faced in networking were connected the one time interaction mentality I had.  I convinced myself that it would be possible to engage with the people I am speaking with in the future, so why should I put so much time and effort into networking with them now.  Towards the beginning of my internship, one of my coworkers gave me a book called, “See You At the Top”, by Zig Ziglar.  This book was very helpful and informative to me.  After reading this book, I learned the value of networking, and how to handle myself in this type of setting.  

One thought on “Blog #5

So happy to read that you are learning the power of networking! Sending you continue success as you learn and live!