Blog 6: Connecting your studies to your academic exploration

This internship has definitely confirmed my path. I have a solid understanding of what I want to do and where I want to be once I graduate from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. What has made this internship all that it is for me was learning how to write actual readable and maintainable code, holding gripping discussions with my team in deciding the perfect design patterns that not only present a challenge but make the journey more interesting, and of course, simply being around amazing minds that constantly made me want to keep pushing myself to new limits. I believe that there is always room to improve, no matter how large the company is or how well your community is already doing whether it has to do with trying to enhance what is already the most optimum work or the way things are being run around you. As long as you keep your head up, you will be able to find a gap and make a difference. I want to be a part of this organic growth, starting from scratch and seeing the product grow into something that has proven its high potential. Going through this experience has made me a lot more sure about my future and that for me is a big step. To improve at my job in the future, now that I know what is expected of me in the real world, I will take on classes at university head on and from the right angle, so as to make the most of my academic experience.

One thought on “Blog 6: Connecting your studies to your academic exploration

I am happy to read that your internship has confirmed your future career pathway! Along the summer, I am sure you have gained valuable skills that you will utilize in your future.