Finishing Up #5

It’s been just over twelve weeks since I started my internship at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. It just ended last Friday.

I didn’t really know what to expect going into the internship. Would it be awkward meeting new people? Would I have work to do throughout the internship? I had no idea except that I knew I would take full advantage of the opportunities given to me.

I’m immensely grateful for the experience that I had at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. I co-led an intern project and group developing a new Performance Management Tool. I met many interns, some of which were from Ann Arbor as well, and networked with many executives. I got close with the director of my department and formed a close relationship with him.

All of these things were possible due to simply saying yes. Yes, I’d love to work on this intern project. Yes, I’d love to get lunch tomorrow. Yes, I’d love to do a practice presentation. One of the most important goals of an internship, in my opinion, is to simply say yes. Don’t cower from uncertainties, and instead directly face them. Many times, the uncertainties aren’t nearly as scary as you think they will be. Many times, they’ll only benefit you as time goes on. For anyone scared of future internships or jobs or other opportunities, just say yes. At worst, it’s a minor disappointment. At best, it could change your life.

One thought on “Finishing Up #5

Love the advice…simply say “yes”!