Internship Reflection

Now that my internship has been completed, I have had time to reflect on this experience as a whole. This internship has made this past summer the best summer of my life. I am so thankful for the people I have met, the laughter shared, and the lessons learned.  I feel extremely fortunate for being chosen for this internship, I am grateful that I could have this experience.

Every day, I woke up excited to head into work to see my coworkers and collaborate with them on our projects for the MMSS Camp and Chem 211 lab.

I realized how much I value working with other people, I know that whatever career track I follow, I want human interaction to be an integral part of my work.

During this internship, I also strengthened my time management and problem-solving skills. Because I was working on so many different projects at once during the internship, I had to work hard at managing my time and ensuring that I was allotting more time for more important projects.  I also had to come up with multiple possible solutions to different problems that occurred throughout my internship which challenged me to think outside of the box.

My favorite part of the internship was during the MMSS camp itself. I had such a great time working with the high school students. I was amazed by their knowledge of Chemistry and their thirst for learning.  I think that the future is very bright because of young adults like them.