The Homestretch

I officially have 2 weeks left of my internship! Although I’m more bummed that I’ll only have 1 more weekend to explore DC, I really know how to make good use of my time now.

Time went by really, really fast. And I think it’s safe to say that this was the best internship I’ve ever had! Although I haven’t had a lot, to be fair. I definitely experienced times of homesickness and times when I just wanted to quit so I can go home and enjoy the summer like a middle-schooler, but I’m glad I stuck through until the end. I got extremely close with my team, and even though I’ve only known them for less than 3 months, it seems like I’ve known them for years. They’re definitely going to be the biggest reason I’ll miss this place.

Although three months have gone by where I got very good exposure to the field I thought I wanted to go into after college, this internship surprisingly did not do much in terms of helping the direction of my future. I’m still interested in it, but I’m not any more interested in it than I was before this internship. Was it my bad for assuming it would help? Is 3 months enough to get a genuine feel of what any department is like? How much more searching/experiencing/interning will I have to do for me to realize if something is a good fit for me or not?