Things I Learned #4

This summer, I was hoping to get more clarity on what I want to do with the rest of my life and I’m actually not sure I got that. I’m still confused, I still don’t know, but there are a lot of other extremely valuable things I learned through this internship experience.

1. I learned how important it is to like the people you work with. I stress all the time about finding the perfect job, but finding the perfect workplace culture, atmosphere, and people is just as, if not more, important. You spend the majority of your day with these people and if they’re not people you can joke with, feel yourself around, and work well with, the job isn’t worth it. I learned that it is draining to try to pretend like you’re someone you’re not and if you have co-workers that embrace every part of you, you’re at the right place.
  2. I learned to learn good workplace habits. Little things like remembering to say good morning to the people who work around you and goodnight when you’re leaving can go a long way. It is so important to contribute to the workplace culture and present yourself as a positive, good employee to be around.
  3. I learned that even some of the most accomplished people in my office still don’t know what they want to do with their lives. And that is really comforting. I learned to stop stressing about the end goal but to focus on the journey of my career instead. I learned to embrace the fact that it is a never-ending journey and that there is beauty in taking your time to figure things out.

One thought on “Things I Learned #4

Very nice! Thank you for sharing :). Good things to think about in a workplace for sure.