Growth and Experience | 7

It’s hard to believe that in less than a week, I’ll be back home in America!

This eight-week internship has been a great opportunity for me to grow on both a professional and personal level.

On a professional level, I have grown much more confident when working a microbiology lab. For example, at the beginning of this internship, I was much more nervous when it came to the preparation of polymerase chain reactions. Now, as my time approaches its end, I am more than capable to prepare my own, but I can also run electrophoresis on my own.

On a personal level, I have also become more confident. As this was my first time in Europe, I was not sure what to expect. Because of this, I exercised much more caution as I traveled around at the beginning. However, I feel much more comfortable now, so much so that I don’t mind taking a bus to another country for the day.

This internship has been quite the experience, and I’m excited to take what I learned back with me. I can’t wait to apply it for the upcoming school year!

3 thoughts on “Growth and Experience | 7

It’s so exciting that you’re able to conduct tests on your own! Do you think this is something you’ll want to continue with in the future? Enjoy your last week and safe travels home!

I think I will want to continue this in the future (hopefully at Michigan)!

I’m glad this experience has added to your professional experience but also helped you become more confident in traveling the world. Looking forward to seeing how you will apply this – keep in touch!