Advice | #5

What advice would you give to a student planning to do an internship in your field/country/organization?

• Ask questions – It’s so important to ask questions when you feel confused or before you submitting the assignment you’ve been working on. I know it can be embarrassing or intimidating to ask others in the office for help but it’s important to remember that they were probably once in your shoes and know exactly how you feel.
  • Take positive risks – If you were given the responsibility to work on a project or run a specific area of an event, don’t be scared to add your own style to what you’re working on. We sometimes want to stay within the lines but it’s important to take positive risks and think outside the box!
  • Be proactive – There was several times when I would be sitting around waiting for someone to assign a task to me. If you have nothing to do ask someone else in the office if they need help!
  • Make good first impressions – If a client walks into the office, introduce yourself. You may not know what they’re there for but you also don’t know when you may cross paths with them again.
  • “Early is on time, on time is late, and late is unacceptable!”- (I think this quote speaks for itself!)